Friday, April 21, 2017

TGIF

Hello Friday!  Where have you been all my life?  Glad to tell this week "Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya!" Yeah, it was one of those. Grabbed some Chinese take out on the way home and have just finished sharing it with three beggar cats.  Dessert:  Chocolate Creme Oreos.  Bam!  This TGIF party is under way!  Seriously, have you tried those?

Don't we just seem to wish our life away? "Living for the weekend." (10 bonus points if you can name the group who sang this!) Then Sunday night rolls around too fast and we are back to the Monday Morning blues. "Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down." C'mon....I KNOW you gotta know who did that one!  (Answers at the bottom of this blog...no cheating!)  It feels so wasteful. And I want to do better. "Redeeming the time because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:16) It is a perspective thing....See, time to God is not the same as it is to us.  I don't think God is bound by time at all. We humans, on the other hand are slaves to it.

What am I getting at?  I think I am trying to give myself a pep rally most of all. Make my time count.  Stop trying to impress people who don't really care and won't value the effort. Look for the real opportunities where people are hurting and lonely. Pray for discernment and the Holy Spirit's radar to zoom in on the people He wants me to serve.  I tell you, there are wounded souls out there, dying to know someone cares.  Broken people.  I happen to be one.  And I am not saying this for attention or sympathy.  I am just saying, "It takes one to know one." And once you are one, carry the first aid kit around and do some triage.

As we  prepare for the child God chooses to give us, I am tempted to fear and think maybe I am too broken to handle it?  Like I have to have it all together to take on the task.  How can I be a healer when I don't even feel whole enough?  But as Todd Agnew says, "We  have to learn to ask the better questions." (paraphrased) How about, "Can God use my brokenness to show His strength in my weaknesses?" "Who does this child really belong to?" "What amazing things can we learn together by the grace of God?"

So...RAH RAH RAH!!! Go, Fight, Win!  We are more than conquerors though Christ who loves us.(Romans 8:39)

I know you peeked....naughty naughty!  But here are the music trivia answers:
"Living For the Weekend" was performed by THE O'JAYS, 1975
"Rainy Days and Mondays" was done by (one of my favorites) THE CARPENTERS, 1971

Peace and Love....


2 comments:

  1. Really, I didn't peek!!! hahaha...but being as ancient as I am, I knew the answers already. Loved your post. Loved your focus. Loved your honesty! Broken people are the best because they know they need help and are willing to get it. I also want you to know that raising a child does indeed take a village...and I hope you already have one that you trust. Thanks for letting me in on the journey! Cheers to learning more and more and more how to sink into the Presence of Jesus as you go to work; go to the store; live life. HE IS the JOY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret! I appreciate your encouragement. As for the village, we are working on it and do have a small group that we do trust. And I believe God will supply the ones He wants us to learn and glean from even more. He knows how to knit hearts together from complete strangers sometimes to fashion some really amazing friendships....some you would never expect. And I love that...showing us constantly that he alone knows what and who is best for us. He is our provider extraordinaire! Love you Margaret!

      Delete